Manager of Accounting - Permanent – 9111
About the Opportunity
Our client, who is a large organization located close to downtown Ottawa is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the accounting functions of the organization.
- Review of monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Lead, supervise, review work done by Senior Accountants/Accountants to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close
- Review and maintain monthly general ledger reconciliations to the sub ledger on a timely basis
- Ensure all financial data and reporting is accurate, complete and submitted in accordance with company’s timetable and deadline
- Ensure the reported results are in compliance with company policies, accounting standards, Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls regulation and that business is conducted within company’s ethical code of conduct business
- Coordinate with business planning and analysis group for budget/forecast preparation and compilation and for monthly variance analysis of actual results versus budget and forecast
- Preparation of various quarterly and annual audit schedules
- Support the Senior Manager in various related activities
You must have the following requirements to be considered:
- CPA designation (CPA, CA preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience combined with managerial experience
- In-depth understanding of GAAP (IFRS and US GAAP)
- Knowledge or exposure to SOX would be an asset
- Capable of managing difficult and demanding situations
- Capable of solving problems and using sound judgment
- Quality and detail-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent team player
- Good knowledge of Excel, knowledge of IFS an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply” button below and follow the link to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 9111.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
With deep expertise in specialized recruitment and staffing, LRO Staffing places qualified professionals in contract, permanent and temporary roles. LRO Staffing's singular focus on finding the right fit for companies and candidates has helped organizations and individuals succeed for more than 10 years. We specialize in placing candidates and contractors in Accounting, Finance, Technology, Law, Government Services, Human Resources, Communications, Construction and Executive Support roles. www.lrostaffing.com
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.