Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International located in Milton, Ontario. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
To champion the design, build, and development of the assembly processes required to assemble full perimeter frames, front and rear cradles and rear twist axles for our customers. Also, champions the prototype process to prove out the assembly process of the previously listed products.
Here is what your will do
- Handles large scale projects from inception to completion (timing, concept, feasibility, design, PFMEA's, construction, try-out, launch, final buy-off (PPAP and run at rate), prototype programs, and engineering changes) with minimal follow-up by leadership.
- Conducts appropriate Manpower efficiency studies - through time and motion studies or standard data (MOST is the Modatek standard). Line balancing manpower, machine charts and analysis
- Prepares reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects
- Works with all departments and customers to design solutions that improve production efficiency, ergonomics, safety and maintenance related issues
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Assists in developing material handling logistics (i.e. - Aisle layout, bin placement, dunnage assists, etc.)
- Reviews, monitors and co-ordinates tooling design, build, approval process and capital budgets
- Supervises equipment relocation and installation
- Assists in setting up preventative maintenance program and spare parts for new equipment
- Assists in resolving quality, operational, production and maintenance concerns
- Reviews, co-ordinates and implements all customer approved engineering changes, including part level communication updates, physical part update, process sheet update, physical tooling change, etc
- Knows and understands process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to this job function
Here is what is required
- Engineering Degree/Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in manufacturing engineering within an automotive assembly or related manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Practical experience in costing and quoting
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with CAD (preferably AutoCAD)
- Experience conducting meetings, presentations, customer interface
- Able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs
- Able to travel with short notice from time to time
What we have to offer
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- You will work in a progressive environment and be exposed to current automation technology
- Extended Health Benefits.
- Group RSP with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Staff appreciation events.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.
- Training in current automation technology