Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International located in Milton, Ontario. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
To champion the design, build, and development of the assembly processes required to assemble full perimeter frames, front and rear cradles and rear twist axles for our customers. Also, champions the prototype process to prove out the assembly process of the previously listed products. Update current and prepare plant layout drawings with modifications to the existing lines and installations of new lines and processes. Track E-coat system capacity and propose changes to increase throughput.
What you will focus on:
- Handles medium size projects from inception to completion (timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, try-out, launch, final buy-off (PPAP and run at rate), prototype programs, and engineering changes) with moderate follow-up by leadership.
- Conducts appropriate Manpower efficiency studies - through time and motion studies or standard data (MOST is the Modatek standard). Line balancing manpower, machine charts and analysis
- Prepares reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects
- Works with all departments and customers to design solutions that improve production efficiency, ergonomics, safety and maintenance related issues
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Assists in developing material handling logistics (i.e. - Aisle layout, bin placement, dunnage assists, etc.)
- Reviews, monitors and co-ordinates tooling design, build, approval process and capital budgets
- Supervises equipment relocation and installation to Modatek
- Assists in setting up preventative maintenance program for new equipment
- Assists in resolving quality concerns
- Reviews, co-ordinates and implements all customer approved engineering changes, including part level communication updates, physical part update, process sheet update, physical tooling change, etc
What you will require:
* Engineering Degree/Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Four (4) years experience in project/process engineering within an automotive assembly or related manufacturing industry
* Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
* Practical experience in costing and quoting
* Able to read and interpret CAD drawings
* Experience in Project Management.
* Experience with AutoCAD, spreadsheet, graphics, flowcharting, word processing, power point and simulation software
What you can expect from us:
* A great work experience.
* Competitive wages and benefits, RRSP match, Profit Sharing, Educational Reimbursement.
* An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
* We promote a collaborative environment where you will be challenged to learn and do.
* We promote team spirit.
* A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.