Engineering/Estimating Role & Responsibilities
- Design of custom machinery and components for the Pharmaceutical and Food industries. To include Blenders, Mixers, Platforms, Lifting Devices, Conveyors etc.
- Developing design concepts, and preparing / modifying detail and assembly drawings from sketches, drawings or instructions.
- Meet clients on site to access customer requirements, scope of work and take field measurements.
- Outsource purchase components, contractors, materials etc.
- Design of sheet metal and fabricated components for various industries.
- Ensure design criteria meets applicable standards including: TSSA, CWB, OH&S Act.
- Perform engineering analysis of structures, machinery, tanks etc. as required.
- Assist in evaluating the feasibility of technical packages by considering practicality, functionality, budget, and production cost/methods.
- Design of pressure vessels and process piping.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in custom machine design in pharma or food.
- At least 5 years experience designing in a custom fabrication environment.
- Have solid communication skills including the ability to effectively converse in English, compose written documents and interact effectively with customers, peers and supervisors.
- Hands on experience in an actual manufacturing setting where the candidate has been involved in metal fabrication, welding, machining etc. an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining required budget and deadlines.
- Proficient with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Must have a Mechanical Designer diploma/degree