LAHOO is an online media company serving the Chinese community in Great Vancouver. Our digital media network of Lahoo.ca (portal), LahooVancouver Guide (mobile portal) and LahooWeibo and WeChat (social media) enable internet users to access information in multimedia formats from the web and mobile devices and share their interests to friends and acquaintances.
Founded and run by dedicated professionals specializing in international journalism, editing and public relations, together with the support from local experts in various fields, including immigration, financial planning, legal affairs, education, real estate, medical services etc., Lahoo has become an influential and reliable source to local Chinese community who seek to learn and live a quality and happy life in Canada.
LAHOO is seeking a driven and committed Media Advertising Manager who is passionate about color, design and trends and who has the enthusiasm to share that passion in strategic, targeted and creative ways. You'll have to love a fast-paced and quickly expanding work environment where being a team player is essential.
- Develop, optimize and implement advertising strategies across all digital media channels to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of brand messaging and attract more customers and advertising agents
- Manage and supervise the advertising department including ads scheduling, design, print out effect, payment and customer feedbacks and complains; further produce media advertising plans and forecasts
- Conduct final review of the contents and layout of advertisements on all our media channels, including: company website, Wechat, Weibo, and mobile portal; ensure advertisements meet our budget and quality standard
- Represent Lahoo to communicate and manage various Chinese social media including online media and We media.
- Responsible for the advertisement contract negotiation
- Maintain relationship with key customers and advertising agents
- Lead and coordinate all the activities of the department to promote brand awareness
- Prepare various reports for reporting to management
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, publication or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in marketing or advertisement in a related industry
- High level execution skills and knowledge in graphic designing, color theory and layout
- Possess a high level understanding and proficiency in Chinese social media, integrated advertising trends/landscapes, mobile platforms and interactive applications
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Creative personality
- Effective project management, organizational and supervising skills
- Experience managing external marketing agencies (media and creative) required
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the organization
Employment type: Permanent, Full time and Indeterminate
Standard working hours: 40 hours per week, may be required to work some evenings and weekends