· Join a fantastic leadership team a world-class mine.
· Attractive expat remuneration package.
· International FIFO to West Africa.
Our client, Sierra Rutlie Limited (SRL), is a leading mineral sands company, operating world-class assets in Sierra Leone. They produce high quality rutile, ilmenite and zircon from the world’s largest natural rutile deposits.
Sierra Rutile Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Iluka Resources. Iluka Resources is a major international mineral sands resource company. It is involved in the exploration, project development, operations and marketing of mineral sands products globally.
An outstanding career opportunity has become available for a seasoned and ambitious Mine Manager to join the leadership team at SRL.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Mine Manager – Dry Mining will be responsible for providing team leadership and management of all mining and service functions associated with the dry mining operations.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Accountability for health and safety of the dry mining operation.
- Leadership of eight direct reports and 120+ indirect reports.
- Managing the portfolio of machine contracts, equipment hire contracts and site contractors.
- Manage all pre mining, overburden removal, ore mining, tailing’s embankment construction and rehabilitation execution activities.
- Oversight of mine services including road maintenance and civil works.
- Developing plans, targets, budgets, forecasts and financial management and cost efficiencies for the dry mining operation.
- Leading continuous improvement and implementing cost efficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience Required
We are seeking an individual who has a high degree of practical competence, significant technical knowledge and strong leadership skills.
You will have:
- Proven experience supervising a large mining fleet and demonstrated competence in a senior management role at an operational mine site.
- Practical experience in operating dozers, excavators, articulated dump trucks and other mining equipment
- A degree in Mining Engineering or similar relevant discipline is preferred though no essential.
- An internationally recognised mine/quarry manager’s certificate and/or the ability to obtain a Mine Managers Certificate in line with the local legislative requirements.
- Competency in constructing and managing tailings storage facilities.
- Previous direct accountability for service contracts including mobile and earthmoving equipment.
- Capable, collaborative and decisive leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships build networks and influence stakeholders to achieve results.
- Sound written communications skills in order to write clear reports and documents.
- An understanding of project management techniques is ideal.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- An understanding of and commitment to health, safety, environmental and community standards.
- Previous international experience in a developing country is preferred but not essential.
- A current passport.
- Current drivers license is essential, other mobile plant licences (dozer, haul truck, excavator) would be advantageous.
The term of employment for this position is for an initial period of three (3) years.
Sierra Rutile seeks to attract and retain the best people while building and maintaining a diverse, sustainable and high achieving workforce. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive expatriate remuneration package, an interesting work environment and the opportunity to work with a fantastic leadership team at a successful mining company.
Location, Travel and Roster
This position is offered FIFO to West Africa on a roster of seven (7) weeks on, three (3) weeks off.
The site operation is in a climate that is warm/hot and has high humidity. Candidates must have excellent physical health and strength to handle the environmental conditions and FIFO travel.
Candidates will be considered from a variety of home base locations including: Africa, North America, South America, UK, Europe or Australia.
How to Apply
When submitting an application please include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
We are actively recruiting this position for the selected appointee to commence in February 2018.
Queries can be directed to: Shireen DuPreez, Principal Consultant, who is located in Perth Western Australia on +61 (0) 414 767 821.