Whether you’re moving across the street or across the country, Miracle Movers is ready to help you out. Though based in Toronto, our cross-Canada network of moving and storage experts has more than two decades of experience moving individuals, couples, families, and businesses to not only Hogtown, but Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and anyplace you could think of that lies north of the 49th parallel. And if you happen to be leaving the country or arriving from overseas, we have years of experience transporting valuables across international borders too.
Miracle Movers is proud to guarantee hassle-free, professional service that will arrive on time, help pack your belongings if necessary, ship them to your new home, and lay them out based on your orders, all for a reasonable fee that that we will determine for you in advance – no surprise charges or inaccurate quotes with us! Miracle Movers relies on word of mouth for its business, and providing our customers with stellar service is our number one priority. We can handle relocations of all sizes (from single-item move to 5-bedroom houses and beyond, as well as, provide packing and storage services.
We are currently looking for 2 experienced Moving Van Operators for full-time, permanent positions to address the need of delivering different items across the country in a timely manner. We are looking for professionals with years of experience in the same capacity who would be comfortable completing long trips on their own.
Please see specifications of the position below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate Moving Van on local and rational routes across Ontario and Canada;
- Conduct pre-trip, en route and post-trip van and trailer inspections to ensure working condition of the vehicle, their systems and equipment, and prepare correspondent reports;
- Maintain driver’s daily log book by recording cargo information, fuel consumption as well as service hours and distance;
- Prepare relevant documentation, such as trip reports, bills of lading, etc. and report it to manager;
- Maintain the general appearance and housekeeping in the vehicle and dispose of waste in bins provided;
- Communicate with dispatcher, shippers and receivers on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation and timely moving services and delivery;
- Complete all relevant pick-up and delivery procedures;
- Prepare the load for delivery and check content for accuracy and secure the load;
- Check equipment to ensure all safety requirements are met including secure loading and all other needs for the safe delivery of goods;
- Comply with all company standards and policies when delivering products to customers;
- Comply with rules and regulation of Ministry of Transportation by adhering to all safety requirements.
- High school diploma is required
- Good knowledge of English
- 2-3 years of work experience in the capacity of truck/moving van driver
- Valid A-Z driving license is required
- Clean driving record and police certificate is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics operations
- Experience with transportation of various products
- Operating knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools
- Willingness to continuously travel
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Weight handling up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Post-secondary education would be an asset, but is not required
- Documentation Knowledge of Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Inspection report (pre- trip, en-route, post-trip); Driver logbook would be an asset
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40-hour work week
- $22.50 per hour with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week
- WSIB coverage will be provided
- Work address:32 Doncaster Ave, Thornhill, ON L3T 1L3
- Employment conditions: Early morning, day, evening, night, weekend
- You will be expected to travel continuously; all work-related expenses will be paid by the company
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply only if you meet the job requirements as only those who qualify will be contacted by the employer. Please ensure to bring all relevant references if selected for an interview. You can also apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, but do not contact the employer directly. In the subject line include “APPLICATION: Moving Van Operators”.