Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Order Management Specialist contributes to the organization by managing existing Customer relationships, fostering relationships with new Customers, providing price quotations, processing orders, issuing Purchase Orders, invoicing and bringing Customer issues to resolution and action escalations.
This role works collaboratively with various departments to address and resolve conflicts and issues to ensure sales order efficiency and is responsible for overall Order Management.
1. Respond to and follow up on Customer calls and e-mails regarding quotes, product information, ETA’s, shipment issues, return requests, quotes, orders or any other queries.
2. Enter and ensure accuracy of Purchase Order details according to individual customer contracts and/or Manufacturer and Vendor procedures. Review all invoices, receiving reports, pricing and payment terms.
3. Maintain positive working relationships with vendors and ensure the procurement of high quality merchandise, expedient delivery, and dependable service at optimum price, escalating problems involving deliveries or invoices.
4. Assist in negotiating contractual arrangements between PCM Canada selected vendors.
5. Keep Customer manuals/records up to date so that information is easily accessible and transferred prior to a planned absence.
6. Manage the Customer price list, keeping all special pricing up to date. Provide back order reports, monthly sales reports or any other duties stated in the customer agreement.
7. Research and recommend to Customer replacement products and pricing for End of Life (EOL) items in advance of their current standards no longer being available. Updating all special pricing letters with new models. Track special bid pricing expiry dates and engage Sales Executive when necessary.
8. Daily review and updates to your order ETA’s so that they are reflected on the Open Sales Order Report.
9. Assisting Warehouse, Accounting, Purchasing, Sales and Service Departments with any product issues, paperwork requirements or questions in general.
10. Provide backup coverage to Order Management and Purchasing as required during peak periods/vacation.
11. Coordinate and manage Evaluation units (EVAL) signed out to Clients. Track transactions to ensure proper return to the Manufacturer or Distribution partner.
12. Manage hardware inventory as required by Client. Keep detailed records of inventory tracking current stock against what has shipped and invoiced.
13. Diligently keep all expenses including freight, restocking fees and brokerage or any other incurred costs to PCM Canada to a minimum.
14. Understand and adhere to Client’s SLA’s and expectations including any contract obligations.
15. Understand and follow PCM Canada company policy, safety rules and procedures.
16. Any other duties assigned by Team Lead and/or Manager
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
· Degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs - Word, Excel (intermediate level – vlook up; pivot tables, formatting skills etc) and PowerPoint
· 2+ years of customer service experience
· Minimum of 3 years experience working in the IT industry
· Vendor Sales Product Training (HP, Lenovo, Apple, IBM, Toshiba) would be an asset
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Detailed individual with strong communication, organized, problem solving and customer service skills
· Motivated towards ongoing learning
· Ability to adapt in a highly dynamic and demanding environment
· Skilled in Internet researching
· Excellent communication skills with a well-developed professional phone manner and a focus on positive, productive business relationships.
· Strong organizational skills including effective prioritization and follow-up.
· Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy.
· Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote PCM Canada’s vision and values
Office environment with computer work. May have extensive periods of sitting, typing and phone use (may include headset). May need to lift up to 10 lbs.
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.
PCM Canada is proud to offer reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform us during the application process.
All applicants must apply directly on our website at www.pcmcanada.com for consideration.