Join Konecranes and lift up our customers through your energy for solutions and your passion for service. What heights can you rise to by joining Konecranes?
- Perform maintenance inspections on electric overhead traveling cranes at customer locations.
- Conduct extensive on site electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment.
- Perform on site repairs on overhead traveling cranes in conjunction with planned repairs as part of customer's maintenance contract, in response to a service call or on an emergency call due to an equipment breakdown.
- Responsible for a basic understanding and working knowledge or all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Must be able to get specific regulations if requested.
- Responsible for completing all daily paperwork required accurately and completely.
- Document and log any quotations you provide customers (either verbal or written) and generate a document or copy of your quote for use as a follow-up sheet.
- Review with the customer all repairs you performed and get their signature on the daily service report indicating their acceptance of proper and completed work.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and image at all times.
- Maintain all company equipment and assets in proper working order and neat or clean.
- Maintain a stock of the appropriate forms and literature on the service vehicle and be capable of utilizing the proper documentation and forms used by the service department.
- Responsible for keeping a proper stock level of inventory and line stock items on the service vehicle.
- Accountable for all the company issued tools and inventory levels assigned to you.
- Responsible for generating sales and service leads during service calls and identifying the proper Konecranes Canada Inc. personnel of the customer's need and level of interest.
- Must develop a thorough working knowledge of our service literature, service policies and labour rates.
- Must provide customers with a "Safety Summary" on any safety items noticed during service visits and bring back a signed copy of the document as evidence of our notice to the customer. (This is a basic professional courtesy required at all times. It also may protect Konecranes Canada Inc. from any liability if the crane is used.)
- Must maintain regular communication with the local office and/or call in a minimum of once per day to the service branch.
- Responsible for understanding the procurement of basic parts on service jobs, completing the proper purchase orders and developing a good working knowledge of local vendors and vendor stocked parts. If the job permits or the situation warrants, all the ordering of parts for jobs should be done by the technician servicing the account and this time should be billed to the project.
- Responsible for working a "fair share" of any 24-hour calls and overtime necessary. This will be divided as equally as possible by the service supervisor/planner.
- Responsible for completing a "Safety Audit" on the limit switches and proper general operation of any crane you have worked on or inspected prior to leaving the customer's premises.
- Minimum one (1) years' experience involving electrical and electronic troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience troubleshooting and inspecting overhead cranes is an asset.
- Must hold Journeyman Electrician license
- Prefer two year associate degree in Industrial Electricity, Electronic Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, good driving record and cannot be afraid of heights
- At least one year of experience of electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and repair
Must be able work off step ladders, climb fixed or step ladders, work from various type lifts, wear full body harness fall protection equipment and use properly, wear canister type mask and/or self contained breathing apparatus when required as personal protective equipment (PPE). Frequent lifting of parts and/or components weighing 10- 20 pounds and occasional lifting of parts and/or components weighing 30-50 pounds. Infrequent lifting of parts and/or components weighing over 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, walk and climb for extended periods.
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80 years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by innovative technologies designed to improve performance, reliability and safety in every part of business operations that involve heavy lifting. We look to hire customer-oriented people who thrive on learning and problem solving in a fast paced environment. In return, we offer a good salary with highly competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a Group RRSP plan with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, life & disability insurance, vacation and other leave programs and opportunities for both formal and on the job training.
Our People and Commitment
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.
Share Your Knowledge and Experience
From electricians to machinists to mechanics to facilities maintenance, we're looking for skilled tradespeople to collaborate with our customers. We rely on their judgment and know-how to keep our customers' manufacturing lines running smoothly to reduce downtime and improve productivity and safety.
We Value Your Special Set of Skills
If you have experience working as an industrial maintenance mechanic or electrician or experience troubleshooting three phase electrical equipment, motors and control centers, and VFDs, you can rise to the top at Konecranes. We value your know-how and your ideas. If you have a trade, we need your special set of skills to help keep our customers' equipment running.
To apply, please visit our career site at
Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process.