PAYROLL Assistant(6 month COntract)
Do you have what it takes to be a great DIRTTbag? DIRTT Environmental Solutions Ltd. is an unconventional company (this is a term we use in polite circles). We have no HR Department. Instead we run a Talent Agency, where people, known lovingly as DIRTTBags, don't face lengthy policies, procedures or forms. What they do find is a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of DIRTT. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about.
This is a demanding position and requires a team-player, and someone with drive, spirit and gumption! If you’re the right person you understand that success means working as a team!
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up new employees in payroll, time and attendance, and benefits.
- Processing and maintaining payroll and benefit records for employees including: new hires, terminations, rate changes and life changes.
- Preparing a variety of reports for members of the leadership team.
- Reconciliations of payroll and benefits.
- Perform other clerical functions
- Work closely with Finance and Talent teams.
- Participate in payroll process business improvements collaborating with internal team and effectively communicating improvement changes.
- Responding to phone calls, emails or walk-in inquiries from employees regarding payrollmatters.
- Perform backup duties for other members of the payroll team as required and other related duties as assigned by Payroll Supervisor.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ in an administrative position and/or payroll/benefits experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must
- Canadian and US payroll experience an asset.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Working knowledge of Ultimate Software is an asset
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality is critical.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills is required.
- Proven ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities.
- Good organizational and time management skills; Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to detect errors and their source, and take corrective action.
- Initiative – Self-starter, take ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work independently or in a team as required, meet department and individual deadlines and set and adjust priorities frequently.
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting and/or Payroll program is a definite asset.
The successful candidate will work closely with members of our Factory, Finance, and Talent teams to contribute to the success of our dynamic and rapidly growing company.
Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation
To apply for this position please apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.