IT Project Control Officer PCO
Job Title: IT Project Control Officer
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: 6 Month Contract
Job Category: IT Project Control Officer, PCO, Governance, Compliance, Agile, Internet Channel, Projects, PMP, Finance, Bank
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 5+ years IT PCO, PMP, CAPM, MS Project, Visio, ITIL, Agile
The main function of an IT Project Control Officer, PCO is to provide project support to the Project Manager in planning, executing, controlling all phases of the project(s). The role will be status management, reporting, financial tracking, issue and risk management, schedule management and resource management.
• Check master schedule and work orders, establish priorities, and change schedule according to projects, work order specifications, priorities, and availability of workers, material, or equipment.
• Participate in meetings with clients and task members to determine progress of work and identify additional follow up needs.
• Provide general administrative support including monitoring calendar, setting up meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, entering time and filing expense reports.
• Compile reports concerning progress of work and downtime to distribute to personnel involved in project.
• Ensure project control procedures and policies within a number of projects are executed and functioning according to Technology’s project performance standards.
• Consolidate and integrate Work Breakdown Structure data.
• Develop, consolidate and reconcile management and resource allocation reports.
• Track progress and make decisions regarding response plans.
• Track and reconcile financials.
• 3 years of professional experience in the IT PCO Project Control Officer role, supporting medium size projects (500,000$ to 2,000,000$).
• 5+ years of overall professional experience, Project Management, Project Coordinator
• Knowledge of key principles of agile, governance and compliance
• Hands-on experience working with MS project tools: SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project and Visio.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of finance.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring the vital signs of an IT project.
• Knowledge and experience with IT project administration and management.
• Project Management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- PMP - an asset
- CAPM – Certified Associate in Project Management – an asset
- Financial Services industry experience - an asset
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts from technical staff to senior management.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
• Analytical thinker, with ability to solve problems.
• Can deal with ambiguity and requests for change.
• Quick and continuous learner with proactive attitude to the job duties.