Food & Beverage
May 2, 2018
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Our client manufactures and processes meat for both national brands and private labels.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, you will organize, direct, and control all operations and activities in the Production Department.
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets.
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products.
- Direct quality control inspection system and prepare production reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Recommend the replacement of machines.
- Communicate information to management and co-workers.
- Supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques to ensure safe task performance.
- Effectively motivate and direct employees by facilitating/mentoring continuous improvement.
- Understand and follow all aspects of the Collective Agreement, and manage grievances at the primary stage.
- Encourage and mentor Production Supervisors and other production personnel.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- At least 5 years of management experience in Food Manufacturing preferably in the Meat Processing environment, preferably in a unionized organization.
- Completion of an Engineering or Business Administration program.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BIOSECURITY, SFQ, CFIA and OHSA.
- Experience scheduling, mentoring, coaching, and supervising employees.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven leadership, problem solving, coaching/mentoring and training skills.
- Proven ability to handle conflict, align performance for success and initiate action.
A very competitive compensation package in a superb organization.
Completion of an Engineering or Business Administration program.
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Production Manager, SQF, Food, Meat, Unionized, Employees, Leadership, Manufacturing, Scheduling, Coordinating, Production, Motivating, Leading, Leadership, Quality.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
YOU CAN ALSO VISIT US AT AND FOLLOW US ON:
Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart