(Supervisor, production-food and beverage processing)
JBS Food Canada ULC. is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently recruiting Production Supervisors for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day.
As a member of our team you will report to the corresponding area Superintendent/Manager. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Achieve budget and plans to utilize equipment, supplies and personnel to maximize productivity.
· Direct hourly unionized employees for the efficient operation of the facility.
· Develop productivity improvements.
· Document and maintain accurate records with respect to employee performance, product quality, daily reconciliation, health and safety, and payroll. Adhere to Company and AIB standards.
· Develop, lead and coach employees through effective training and recognition.
· Effective implementation and maintenance of the Company's safety program evidenced by an exemplary safety record and due diligence documentation. Utilize best practices in safety leadership (orientation, training, observation, correction, positive reinforcement).
· Active involvement and leadership in the Continuous Improvement Program to achieve productivity improvements and waste reduction.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Completion of high school required.
· 3 to 5 years of supervisory work experience;
· Effective communication skills to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and resolve employee conflict
· Self-starter with good analytical and problem solving skills;
· Flexible to work shifts;
· Cold and Hot Area;
· Fast-Paces Environment;
· Attention to Details;
· Work Under Pressure
· Knowledge of HACCP, Health & Safety concerns and GMP
· Previous experience in a food processing industry is required.
· Excellent English Oral and Written Communication; Team Player
· Criminal Record Check is required;
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Earn Competitive Salary starting from $55,000 to $60,000 annually
Permanent Full Time Employment
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits including:
Bonus |Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC.
Mailing Address: PO Box 1868; 193002A Range Road 150. Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Physical Location: 4km west of Brooks on Trans Canada Highway No.1
Apply to: https://jbsfoodcanada.ca/ Phone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403 501 2239