Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Health & Safety Systems Administration role is a temporary contract role responsible for leading and supporting the development and execution of various health & safety programs and initiatives. The successful candidate will provide ongoing support to H&S functions and monitor and analyze H&S performance for the region. This individual will gain exposure to a wide variety of administrative development projects such as: Monthly Product Line H&S Communication Packages and Newsletters, H&S training material / programs, and data collection and analysis. The successful candidate will be expected to interact regularly with members of the H&S team and also with local market operations to support the rollout and sustainability of programs which are tracked through ongoing data collection and reporting.
Health and Safety: Promotes a positive safety culture through leadership by example; performs all work activities following all relevant safety policies/procedures ensuring alignment with the company’s vision and critical success factors.
Safety Administration: Compile, develop and distribute monthly H&S communication packages and newsletters. Analyse monthly market H&S data, identify trends, and propose actions.
Training programs: Support the development of H&S training programs and upload them into our learning software platform called Convergence.
Operations Support: Interact with local market operations and plant managers to gather information relevant to the implementation of H&S initiatives
Relationships with Others Functions:
- Works closely with other members of the Health and Safety team, Plant Managers, Operations Managers
- Works closely with other Plant Staff, Maintenance, Distribution, Quality, and Area Safety Staff
- Completed degree or diploma in related field OR currently enrolled in a College or University program in a related field.
- Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its associated regulations including but not limited to mining regulations, industrial regulations, first aid regulation, WHMIS etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to rapidly acquire departmental specifications for health and safety related matters
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint required
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Outgoing and positive personality
- Proven capability to coordinate projects in a respectable and professional manner
- Self-motivated to plan and implement daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.