Title:AP/Payroll Specialist or Administrator
Type:Full Time Permanent of Full Time Contract (40 hours per week)
Location:Yaletown, Vancouver BC.
Our high growth and fast paced Company is in need of an exceptional individual with payroll experience that has a heart to serve. Our head office provides many core administrative and operational services to our sales teams throughout North America and this position will play a key part in helping to manage, plan and execute business needs. You’ll be playing an active role in managing and administering our payroll processes mainly within the USA, but the work can be done from our Vancouver office.
Our company is a trend setter and one shaping the industry we are in – some say we are disruptive, keeping things fresh and unique. We are a fast pace, complex, yet innovative company. If you’re looking for a challenge and exciting place to work, then please apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Processing Payroll & AP– the majority of your time will include processing payroll to various user groups (vendors, employees, contract employees, consulting resources we deploy out to our client sites); working within various payroll systems to achieve the above (we use ADP, Paychex, ACH to name a few) and well as issuing specific wire transfers and manual cheques; also, you will be responsible to work with our accountants to ensure that funds are available in specific banking accounts before processing payroll.
- Payroll & AP Administration – this could include things such as setting up or terminating vendors into various systems, setting up employees on our company wide benefits program, working alongside our payroll partners (ADP, Paychex and Professional Employer Organizations – PEO’s), and finally dealing with any specific “exceptions” that may arise where action will need to be taken (i.e providing an off cycle pay).
- Responding to Payroll Inquiries – aside from paying our users groups, you will often be involved in communicating with our users on various payroll matters. You will be expected to use your exceptional customer service skills to serve our various users while fulfilling the Core Values of our firm.
- Payroll Reporting – you will be accountable to fulfill any and all monthly/quarterly/annual filings and/or remittances. This could include, but not limited to filing workers compensation reports in both Canada and the USA, collecting and distributing T4’s, 1099’s T4A NR’s, providing monthly payroll reports to company executives.
- Collaborate & Work with other Finance Roles – you will be providing payroll knowledge and support to other functions within the Finance Team (Billings/Accounting); you will be our internal subject matter expert in team and management meetings, and liaise between a number of user groups that this function serves. You may also be involved in other projects from time to time.
Experience and knowledge you need to have:
- You need to have mid-senior level payroll experience, with solid working knowledge certainly here in Canada;
- USA payroll experience would be a definite nice to have.
- Extensive experience working with payroll systems (ADP, Paychex, QuickBooks)
- You must be able to multi-task and work under pressure with the demands of a growing company.
- Experience with such applications like MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint), Google Docs, and banking online applications.
- We are looking for someone with exceptional customer service – someone always willing to help and go the extra mile.
- Communication skills – someone to explain financials in simple terms
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Superior people and client service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people within the Firm and at clients.
- Strong adaptability and problem-solving skills and decision-making skills, with a style that promotes collaboration, consensus and innovation.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and administrative skills with careful attention to detail.
- We need you to be organized and have attention to detail. So if you’re reading this please tell me who the Mayor of Vancouver is when you apply to this posting!