Payroll/Benefits Specialist - 6 Month Contract - North York
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a leading Pharmaceutical company. We are looking for a Payroll/Benefits Specialist to join their team. This will be a 6 Month Contract, which has the possibility of extension. This candidate will be working out of their North York office (404/Sheppard Ave. E).
Your new role
- Administers the company payroll ensuring accurate and timely payments to all Canadian employees; including month end reporting and journal entries, gov"t and 3rd party remittances, responding to employee payroll inquiries. Monitors legislative updates and advises appropriate personnel and management on changes.
- Completes the year end payroll process within legislated timelines (i.e. T4"s, reconciliations, taxable benefit calculations, workers compensation).
- Administers the company benefits programs i.e. Desjardins Group RRSP and Manulife Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, LTD), including STD. .
- Processes various HR transactions in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. promotions, merit increases, bonus pay outs, terminations, new hires).
- Prepares ad hoc reports to satisfy local requirements, in addition to global reporting needs (e.g. submission of quarterly SHE report).
- Administers and interprets general HR policies and procedures (e.g. attendance and vacation tracking, maternity leaves, overtime, holiday schedules, LOA"s, hours of work). Provides timely and accurate response to employee inquires.
What you"ll need to succeed
- Minimum of College Diploma
- PCP/CPM certification/CHRP preferred
- 3+ years of relevant Payroll/HR experience
- Knowledge of Ceridian Insync payroll software
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Provincial, Federal legislation, Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards
- Excellent attention to detail
What you"ll get in return
This position is offering $27.00 - $30.00 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you"re interested in this role, click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn"t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.