Payroll Financial Analyst, Scarborough, ON., 6 - 12 month contract
Your new company
Hays Accounting & Finance has partnered with a Toronto health care provider in search of a Payroll Financial Analyst for a 6 - 12 month contract vacancy. This is an exciting opportunity with one of the Great Toronto Area's leading health care providers. This position is based in Scarborough and offers an experienced payroll professional the opportunity to work collaboratively with opportunities to learn new skills and contribute to a team environment.
Your new role
We are hiring a Payroll Financial Analyst for 6 -12 months full time contract position. The analyst will report to the Payroll Manager and work as a member of the payroll team and provide a variety of finance and business analysis. This temporary position will support the integration of payroll liabilities to SAP sub ledge accounts, completion of assigned projects, harmonization of payroll systems, and the work of the Payroll, Finance, and Human Resource.
- Assist with the Payroll/HR/Finance transition team with the specific tasks associated with the SAP transformation
- Ensure payroll data is transferred from Medetech to SAP correctly with data accuracy and integrity
- Harmonize payroll accounts to the GL account in SAP and ensure payroll liability accounts are balanced on a monthly bases using integrated date from Meditech in the two payroll systems
- Provide support for the integration of payroll systems from two locations
- Assist in special projects of payroll system integration and participate in projects to improve efficiency and user-experience with payroll processes and tools
- Analyze monthly payroll expenses, payroll liabilities and pension contributions
- Prepare bi-weekly and monthly payroll remittances
- Perform payroll register maintenance (i.e. vacation accruals, stats accruals, pension and benefits discrepancies)
- Post month-end payroll-related journal entries including accruals and investigate and resolution of payroll discrepancies
- Perform monthly reconciliation of general ledger payroll liability accounts
- Ensure all payroll accounts are reconciled for the fiscal year-end audit
- Prepare materials for external and internal auditors, respond to requests from auditors
- Take responsibility in all government reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency, Statistics Canada, and Service Canada. Manage EHT, WSIB and HOOPP online filings. Report to Desjardin and Sun life payments.
- Coordinate for year-end process for T4, T4A, WSIB annual reconciliation and EHT annual return.
- Coordinate annual information return and associated pension reports and refunds, and amended T4,T4A and PIER reports
- Calculate the taxable benefits for automobiles and allowances to prepare T2200
- Back-up bi-weekly payroll processing for over 5000 employees from two locations. Ensure legislative compliance and adherence to the hospital policy and the collective agreement, and meet payroll schedule timelines in accordance with bank guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by Payroll Manager
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years of full payroll administration with solid knowledge of Government regulations affecting payroll and pension administration
- Completion of CPM Certified payroll manger with the Canadian Payroll Associations, or equivalent or above level 3 of CPA
- Strong analytical problem solving, planning and organizing skills
- Ability to process large volumes of detailed work accurately and on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced and proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel, work and outlook)
- Proficiency with SAP or Meditech is an asset
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, efficient, organized and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion.
What you'll get in return
This is a 6 - 12 month contract based in Scarborough.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.