Sulzer Pumps (Canada) Inc., a division of Sulzer Ltd, is a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment to its key markets oil and gas, power, and water. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success. To learn more about Sulzer, visit our website at www.sulzer.com
Job Brief: Payroll Specialist
- We are seeking a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll
- Ensure proper pay is processed for hourly and salaried bi-weekly payrolls for union and non-union employees across Canada
- Payrolls will cover employees in BC, AB, ON, and QC
The successful candidate will be responsible for filing and maintaining payroll records and reports; completing year-end T4’s; processing ROE’s as required; and generating routine and ad-hoc payroll reports as required. General activities will include, but are not limited to: Reconciliation of work hours and vacation hours before submittal; payroll extraction and download into the ERP system; reconciliation of G/L entries to payroll records with corresponding journal entries; and preparing month end payroll accruals. Other general tasks are employee changes, processing bonuses; special compensation payments; ensuring taxable cash and non-cash fringe benefits are in compliance of tax treatments.
- Comfortable with use of payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. Is strong with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information
- Great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives, ability to adapt and gracefully address payroll related inquiries, ensures personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner
- Proficiency, capable time management skills, while working in a fast-paced office environment
- Is responsible for full-cycle payroll processing (90%) and accounting-related activities (10%)
- Knowledgeable and compliant with Canadian payroll and accounting principles and practices in accordance to current legislation, regulations, employment standards, and company policy
- Liaise with Workers Compensation, Service Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, and other governmental or external agencies as required
- BSc/BA in business, accounting or equivalent diploma in relevant field is a plus
- Proven full-cycle experience within payroll
- Proficient in MS Office, experience using relevant software (e.g. WFN, Pay@Work) and databases would be ideal
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organization skills, great attention to detail
- A skilled communicator, great at multi-tasking, ready to handle a mix of payroll and accounting
We offer competitive wages, with extended health benefits inclusive of dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits. Membership into the group pension plan is extended following one year of service.
If you are interested in this opportunity with Sulzer, we would love to hear from you! Apply today through our careers page at www.sulzer.com, and reference Requisition # 48786.