Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Plant Manager will use his or her skills and experience to ensure efficiency of plant operations and a high level of external customer satisfaction. The Plant Manager will plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the operations to achieve corporate goals and will work closely with the Operations Manager and Plant Controller to provide input to strategic and annual business planning for the operation. The position requires managing several tasks and projects simultaneously and shifting priorities as the demands of the business evolve.
- Assumes overall accountability for plant performance. Communicates job expectations; including planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Assumes overall responsibility for profitability of the operation. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains high quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Any other function or special project that may arise in the course of business
Ideal candidate will have five to ten years’ experience in a management position. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess previous experience in a manufacturing process plant or production environment and will have the business acumen, analytical and technical skills to effectively perform the primary mandate and who also possesses the following skillset:
- Ability to hold individuals accountable to expectations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, initiative and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine proactive solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain strict deadlines, project timelines therefore requiring flexibility, organization, speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work, present ideas, and communicate with people at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Exceptional customer service mindset.
- $120,000 (including bonus)