What will be your daily pursuit?
is creating fresh, healthy fuel, and a welcoming environment, for our teams to ensure they’re energized for work and play!
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in a historic hotel setting in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Full-time work of 35+ hours weekly across the summer season
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
- Produce high-quality hot and cold foods based on recipes developed by the Chef and Executive Chef
- Organize prep station and hot line to ensure smooth and efficient flow
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, prep areas, and food storage in keeping with provincial and federal regulations for food safety
- Assist in employee dining room operations: stocking, serving, cleaning, etc
- May operate dish machine to expedite sanitation of utensils, dishware, cookware, etc
- Keeps record of potential safety and maintenance issues and communicates details to supervisor
- Assist as needed with set up of rooms for special events, meetings, conferences and banquets
- Offers assistance to guests and teammates where needed
- Be a utility player who can complete a variety of job duties
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- Previous high-volume/batch cooking culinary experience preferred
- Work-ethic and commitment to the team is key!
- Willing and able to work solo or as part of a team
- Committed to Safety First and the highest quality of cleaning & sanitizing standards
- Organized with a great eye for detail
- Kind to others and always bring your best
- A good communicator, always suggesting ideas and solutions
- Helpful and friendly, willing to go the extra mile
- Relaxed, flexible and able to handle a few curve balls
- Ready to have fun!
What will your work environment be like?
This fun, summer job runs from May 8 to September 25, 2021
- Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring Waterton Lakes National Park. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around our historic hotel
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes the role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.