Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented individual, who excels in a cross-functional environment to join the Cineplex Store team as a Product Manager, Backend Services . In this role, your product is the Cineplex Store backend platform, and your job is to make it best-in-class. Please note: this is a 7-month contract position.
This consists leveraging your knowledge and experience to prioritize and execute business initiatives, develop platform KPIs, and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team to drive platform innovation.
The ideal candidate loves to work on backend infrastructure, is excited by content delivery, and is a creative thinker. This role is key to building a solid foundation for Cineplex Store's long-term growth strategy.
The Cineplex Store is a premium Canadian online destination for the sale and rental of movies, ranging from the latest releases to timeless classics. Our goal is to provide our guests an unparalleled experience for the discovery, purchase, and viewing of their favourite films, whether from their computer, mobile, or connected living room devices. If you are interested in an unlimited supply of popcorn, working with leading technologies, and helping to define and deliver the future of digital movie viewing, this is the place for you! Visit us at CineplexStore.com.
- Own and manage all aspects of the Cineplex Store backend product roadmap, working collaboratively with internal teams (User Experience & Design, QA, etc.), partner departments (IT, Guest Services, etc), and external vendors
- Identify key needs, perform gap analysis, assess new product ideas, and participate in prioritization of initiatives
- Gather business requirements by working with cross functional teams
- Manage the product backlog for the Cineplex Store backend platform
- Prioritize among competing opportunities and articulate rationale (hard data, metrics, etc.) behind decisions
- Effectively coordinate and communicate new feature and functionality release schedules to internal stakeholders
- Develop and track key metrics, KPIs and targets
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management experience required, preferably for large-scale consumer-facing applications and services
- Experience with eCommerce environments, particularly product catalog, order workflow, account management, digital wallet, and payment implementations
- Experience with projects involving digital media, video streaming, and DRM technologies would be an asset
- Experience with CRM tools like Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with CMS tools like Agility
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, analytical, written and presentation skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean product development environment is preferred
- Supplier management and vendor management experience
- MS Office high proficiency
- Passionate about movies!
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please