Our client in Concord, Vaughan are looking for a Production Manager within the manufacturing industry- doors, windrow vinyls, on a Full-Time basis, reporting to the Plant Manager.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Production Manager will serve to support the Plant Manager in directing the daily production operations of the manufacturing environment in accordance with plant policies, procedures and codes in compliance and with a strong focus towards health and safety regulations and Vinylbilt company rules. The Production Manager will assist in all areas of day-to- day production to ensure the delivery of high quality products in a timely manner with special attention to customer satisfaction, quality control, process implementation and efficient resource allocation and productivity improvements at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a key member in the production leadership team and works very closely with the Plant Manager. Able to act as back up when needed
- Manages day –to-day production, maintenance, operations of plant activities, planning, scheduling, rush orders, flagged orders, miscellaneous orders (service orders), drawings to plant and production reporting
- Effectively managers team of departmental supervisors to meet health and safety requirements, production targets and company objectives
- Enforces health and safety legislation, rules and procedures and ensures compliance of all production workers to up to date standards; ensures the facility is operated and maintained in accordance with provincial and local environmental health and safety regulations
- Works closely with Human Resources for all health and safety requirements, employee relation issues, hiring and orientation, training and development, disciplinary and corrective action, terminations, performance evaluations, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement, roll out of new legislation, organization of employee related events and all other HR related item
- Manages employee relation escalations with minimal involvement from Plant Manager
- Adheres to internal procedures for temporary staff during busy season ie., requests, orientation, training and monitoring performance
- Establishes streamlined procedures for each shift across production departments including: supervision, scheduling of manpower, training programs, quality checks, reporting procedures, administration, etc.
- Assists in the management of scheduling of labour and production to increase efficiency and meet KPI goals and budgetary objectives
- Works closely with Quality Control and Engineering to correct product issues and design implementation strategies for temporary to permanent solutions; review quality reports and respond to issues accordingly
- Assists and monitors high quality control standards are implemented across all production departments through regular inspections, production training and audit checks;
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills through assistance in developing and managing the production team
- Assists in the development, coordination and delivery of production training programs;
- Works closely with all production departments to ensure better productivity and development; encourages interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Monitors implemented production initiatives and geared toward continuous improvements and processes
- Assists in the direction of installation and maintenance of all manufacturing and processing equipment used in the production process; assists in the management of the maintenance department to ensure minimal downtime
- Focuses on product improvements through the development of streamlined processes and positive implementation across production department
- Oversees with the continuous production workflow and plant capacity to increase efficiencies and productivity
- Assists in the development and implementation of production systems and report generation, ie., quality control system audits, production schedules, load making, order picking, health and safety, etc.
- Establishes strong working relations with all Vinylbilt departments (Customer Service, Sales, Human Resources, Finance and IT)
- Ensures on time delivery without backorders
- Other duties as required
- 7-10 years experience in a management role
- Industry experience in windows and doors manufacturing production environment considered an asset
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superior communication skills- verbal and written; ability to communicate with individuals with communication barriers
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and foster team environment among production employees from general labourers to supervisors
- Ability to act as a strong team player and effectively integrate into fast paced and high pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to use software programs (Microsoft office, databases, quoting programs)
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, process management, project management and production scheduling
- Quality control experience in high pressure manufacturing environment and
- Ability to direct and coordinate all manufacturing activities to ensure output is produced according to designed specifications, budgetary responsibilities and in a timely manner
Qualified applicants will be contacted accordingly, Thank-you!