In this position you will provide material planning, production planning, and inventory accuracy for INTERCO support of the landing gear manufacturing process.
This position is a steady afternoon shift (3pm - 11pm EST).
- Management of all work order, purchase order and sales order documentation in support of on time delivery and inventory accuracy; ensures and maintains integrity of accompanying paperwork
- Act as liaison with external suppliers or sister divisions and/or internal support groups such as Production Planning, Quality Control,
- Shipping/Receiving and others for timely movement of manufacturing processes and materials
- Co-ordinate and monitor movement of material and parts in relation to overall product progress; identify behind schedule programs and reports deviations to Operations Management; report overall performance of their product family against schedule when necessary
- Manage on-time delivery to satisfy internal customer requirements
- Manage inventory transactions including material issue, transfers between branch plants, receipts from work order closures and
- Issue pick slips, shipping memos and other documents as needed to support schedule
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in-process production reports and status and location of materials
- Manage weekly health metric; outstanding STO Transactions
- Obtain/Maintain information from other sites for in-transit parts
- University degree/college diploma in Materials Management or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Aerospace/landing gear experience
- Successful completion of/pursuing APICS designation
- At least 3 years’ experience in material planning and inventory control in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
- Previous ERP experience (i.e. JD Edwards, Impressa, SAP) would be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a team-orientation
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCG (Controlled Goods Program)
- Note: Volt is committed to meeting the needs of applicants and employees with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please let us know if you need an accommodation during any part of the application and selection process.
- Volt is an Equal Opportunity employer.