Our client in Aurora, Ontario is one of the leading contract and development manufacturers in the world. At this time, they are looking to hire a Production Supervisor to join their team. To attract top talent, they are offering a competitive compensation package and a place where you can develop and grow yourself into a more senior role.
• Oversee a team of 10 production staff through activities such as training, performance management, mentoring and coaching
• Supervise batch process operations according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) through various units of operations (i.e. charging liquids/solids, distillation, filtrations, sampling, cleaning, etc)
• Provide assistance in troubleshooting of process equipment. Make sure that existing and potential equipment problems are proactively reported to Maintenance.
• Promote and ensure safe and clean production operations
• Facilitate and maintain an emphasis on the Health, Safety and Environment (EHS) for all production staff according to site EHS procedures and legislative requirements. Ensure that all safety incidents are reported in within established timelines, root cause analysis performed within established timelines and corrective and preventive measures assigned and executed as per agreed timelines.
• Promote and ensure compliance with cGMP according to SOP’s and cGMP standards
• Review all cGMP documentation, including batch records, cleaning sheets, logs etc. Make sure that all corrections are addressed in a timely manner.
• Ensure that Quality deviations are initiated as required. Perform root cause analysis and assigning corrective and preventive measures.
• Review and revise documentation such as SOP’s, training documents etc. Make suggestions to improve batch records.
• Contribute to the resolution of audit identified deficiencies and gaps
• Chemical Engineering Degree or Diploma is required
• Formal training in continuous improvement techniques is an asset
• 2-3 years’ experience in supervising production staff, preferably within the chemicals industry.
• Rotating Continental
Contact and Resume Submission
If you feel you are an excellent candidate and have the required skills and experience indicated above, please send your attached resume and any important details to HCR Permanent Search, care of the Recruitment Consultant listed below. Only qualified candidates who are local to the Greater Toronto area and can work in Canada without restriction will be contacted.
Please ensure that you indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
Thank you for your interest.