We are currently recruiting candidates for a Production Supervisor with a leading shipping/logistics company that processes imported vehicles coming off international vessels. Nestled along the beautiful Fraser River on Annacis Island, this company has 300+ people working together to get new automobiles moved across Canada. If you love managing people and schedules, and if you love driving a new car, this job is your dream job.
As a supervisor, you will lead 20 to 60 employees in off-loading cars off ships, ensuring car mats, stereos, and manuals are placed in each new vehicle, placing the appropriate sale stickers on the windows, removing tow-hooks and generally ensuring all logistics run smoothly to meet (and exceed) schedules, ISO certified quality standards, and customer expectations. Your solid judgment and decision-making skills, along with your history as a leader, and fostering a collaborative team environment will win you an interview, and maybe this job…
· 3+ years of supervisory experience in automotive, or warehousing, or processing or production environments, or manufacturing environments
· High school graduate; some post-secondary education preferred
· Valid BC driver’s license with a clean driving record (yes, we check!)
Nice-to-have Skills (not mandatory):
· Knowledge of basic hand and power tools (drills, impact guns, grinder air tools, hoists) would be a plus
· Industrial First Aid, Level II an asset
· Experience in a unionized workplace would be a plus
· Experience in the automotive industry an asset
NOTE: Must have Flexibility to work day/afternoon shifts and shifts that encompass a day on the weekend.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Judi Wannamaker, TEEMA. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be eligible to work in Canada, and available to interview in Vancouver.