InVision is a progressive and strategic recruitment provider focused on servicing technical professions encompassing Engineering, Information Technology and Skilled Trades across Canada.
Our client a leading manufacturer is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their growing team. Individual should have previous experience in Unionized environment. Must come from a fast paced Manufacturing Environment and be located in the Toronto area.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that productivity and quality targets are communicated to the workers and are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that quality of the product meets or exceeds the quality standard and desired specifications.
- Ensure consistency between production reported by workers and inventory count.
- Enforce correct barcoding/inventory procedures and verify accuracy of inventory and production information.
- Ensure the daily production schedule is kept on track by maintaining necessary supplies and inventory as per production requirements.
- Perform scheduled worker self-audits to ensure use of best-practice methods. Communicate results and action plans to Production Management Team.
- Ensure completion of assigned tasks, which may include extended working hours when necessary.
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and coordinate activities to ensure smooth transitions between shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that standard procedures and processes are being performed correctly as per ISO standard.
- Assist the Production Management Team by recommending and implementing changes to procedures to improve quality and/or increase productivity.
- Ensure optimal material/process flow between departments.
- Follow recommendations to reduce or eliminate waste on the shop floor and promote value added activities, as per company program.
- Accurately document and report time and attendance including overtime, vacation, department/position changes and shift coverage to other Shift Supervisors and Human Resources, as required.
- Administer training on department work instructions, safety procedures, and other items to new and existing employees as required.
- Document and report any areas of concern related to training, employee conflict, policy or procedure to the Production Management Team and Human Resources and recommend action as required.
- Maintain and promote high morale and team harmony by identifying and addressing work-related issues and concerns and maintaining an environment of open communication with employees.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with the OH& S Act and company Health and Safety Program.
- Promote good housekeeping practices and safe working practices by identifying safety hazards and concerns and implementing corrective action.
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained, cleaned and in working condition.
- Monitor the security of the equipment, property and people on shift.
- Respond on an on-call basis to security alarm calls when needed.