This is a newly created position
College of Interdisciplinary Studies
The College of Interdisciplinary Studies takes a highly personalized approach to student learning. As Program Associate in the College, you will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a cross-functional team that strives to present a positive, professional image for Royal Roads University. Reporting to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) Administrative Manager, you will be expected to provide exceptional service and administrative support to other staff members, faculty, and students, both within and outside of the College, to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the college’s programs.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in administration, plus 3-5 years of administrative support experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Applied international and intercultural communication skills
- Evidence of being able to work comfortably in a globalized setting
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Track record of dedication to student success
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (in a PC environment using MS Office), and adaptable to using custom applications
- Positive attitude and ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative where and when appropriate, and work well under pressure
This is a regular, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 2 and the recruitment range starts at $39,590 per annum. The university is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format)to:email@example.comHelp with a subject line of:
18-001-A0265 – Last name, First name
Or mail to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition began onJanuary 3, 2018 and will close on January 14, 2018; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of the University Act and is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Your personal information will be used to record and track your application for this competition and will not be disclosed to any other external third parties unless we are directed to do so by you. For more information regarding the collection and use of your personal information please contact Royal Road’s University’s Privacy Officer at (250) 391-2600 (Extension 4178) or via regular mail at 2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf. format.