Date Posted: January 6, 2018
Closing Date: February 5, 2018
Position Title: Program Coordinator- Indigenous Relations
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: St. Albert, AB
Reports to: Marketing & Public Relations Manager
Colas Canada, Canada’s leader in construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure, is a holding and management company with operating companies across Canada. Colas Canada is part of the Colas Group, a world leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance.
Colas Canada now has operations in 7 provinces and territories throughout Canada, with over 4,300 employees in over 40 centers across the country.
The group’s core business is in road construction and maintenance, which includes- Construction, rehabilitation, preservation and maintenance of roads, highways, airport runways, port, industrial and logistics infrastructure, subdivisions, urban infrastructure, parking lots and more.
We are seeking a Program Coordinatorto work with our Indigenous Relations committee. The qualified candidatewill have with a passion for indigenous culture, construction and business development to explore this great opportunity with a well-established and growing organization.
The Program Coordinator will work with the Marketing & Public Relations Manager to create and implement training advancement programs focused on indigenous relations for multiple locations across Western Canada.
Education: Completion of post-secondarydegree or diploma inrelevant fields.Adult Education Certification considered a strong asset
Experience:Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Training and Development or similar field. Experience with Indigenous relations considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to develop training solutions that align with business needs and initiative objectives
- Working with various stakeholders to deliver effective training programs regarding Indigenous initiatives
- Develop training plan and goals, working with the Marketing & Public Relations Manager
- Deliver effective communication through various mediums to internal and external audience
- Foster positive relations with various external agencies
- Partnering with Indigenous communities to develop, manage and maintain training strategies
- Create and deliver presentations and training to internal and external participants
- Participate in strategic planning as training lead and coordinator, assessing and addressing the training needs
- Delivers training to employees at all levels
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Sound knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional designconsidered a strong asset
- Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Proven planning, project and change management skills.
- Position will require travel, approximately 30%
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to deliver training and support within Western Canada
Qualified candidatesare asked to apply no later than February 5, 2018.
We thank all candidate for their interest in this position with Colas Canada.,
however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.