Our client, a top 5 Canadian bank, is currently looking for a Project Control Officer.
A Proficient Project Control Officer is responsible for the development, maintenance and variance analysis/reporting of a small to mid-sized Information Technology Program Plan.
A Program Plan may consist of up to ten project plans, which have been integrated to develop the implementation roadmap for the entire program.
Their responsibility is to oversee and provide ongoing support to the Program Manager with the creation and development of detailed project management schedules to implement an Information Technology program.
This role oversees and manages all the Project Manager’s project plans and their deliverables. They support the Program Manager to ensure operational effectiveness of program execution, adhering to Large Program Management Framework (LPgMF) and Program Management Framework (PMF) best practices.
They oversee the development, implementation and execution of project schedules, financials, status reporting, variance analysis and reporting, resource planning, change control, performance measures, and risk assessments ensuring any risks to the completion of the project schedules are effectively identified, mitigated and/or escalated.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Downtown Toronto
- Following the bank’s Large Program Management Framework (LPgMF) and Program Management Framework (PMF) best practices
the PCO will assist with Project Plan preparation and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) definition
- Supports the Program Manager in planning, executing, controlling and closing phases of the program
- Participates in PMO planning and development sessions (strategic, tactical plans, budgeting)
- Analysis to extensively monitor the milestone reports so that any impacts to schedule can be escalated to the Program Manager.
- Completes weekly Schedule Variance reports & PCO Project Status Reports and Scorecards. Prepare Weekly PMO Report package, including Program Status Summary, Milestones Reports
Provide customized reports for key program leaders and management team
- Supports Project Manager to monitor the Action Items Log, Risks Tracking Log, Issues Tracking Log, Change Requests Log, and Decisions Log
- Assist IT Project Managers in the development, management and on-going maintenance of IT Project Schedules.
- Provide ongoing training to PM on maintaining and monitoring detailed project schedule
- Assist PM with the Work Breakdown Structure definition
- Assist PM with detailed task list creation and documentation
- Assist PM in documenting project constraints and assumptions
- Assist PM & Team Leads to define detailed tasks & validate estimates
- Assist PM by entering the detailed project schedule to EPM
- Assist PM with resource assignments and leveling in EPM
- Assist PM with the ongoing monitoring of the schedule in EPM
- Analyze and monitor the milestone reports extensively so that any impacts to schedule can be escalated to Project Manager
- Follow–up, assist & approve the Project team’s weekly Time Reporting and escalate non-compliance
- Provide PM with weekly reporting on the project schedule including Project Schedule Scorecards & Project Team Conformance Scorecards
- Perform weekly Risk Assessment on the Project Schedule identifying potential risks/opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies
- Escalate potential schedule issues
- Perform weekly schedule variance analysis and prepare Variance Reports
- Prepare Earned Work reports for PM & assist in interpreting results and recommend corrective actions
- Design and implement appropriate project controls using EPM
- Assist PM in Integrating and monitoring progress of 3rd party vendors plans on an ongoing basis
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Certification would be an asset
- 1 - 5 years previous experience as a Project Control Officer on small to mid-sized programs
- 3 - 5 years previous experience managing projects and project schedules
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst would be an asset
- 5 years corporate work experience in a Financial Services organization
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of project methodology is essential
- Knowledge of system development processes is essential
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to influence without authority, solicit cooperation and resolve conflict
- Effective multitasking abilities to concurrently oversee and assess progress of diverse projects