Project Manager, Toronto, ON.
Your new company
Hays Property & Construction has partnered with a government business enterprise that proudly owns and operates waterfront Toronto developments. We are seeking a Project Manager to join their down town Toronto operations for a contract to permanent opportunity. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail oriented project manager with experience working with government projects or agencies.
Your new role
This position is responsible to plan, organize and evaluate the day-to-day activities associated with procurement and execution of projects, including scheduling, researching, preparing requests for proposals, coordinating, developing budgets and reporting on all aspects of assigned infrastructure capital projects from conceptual development stage through to final construction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the delivery of assigned projects. Projects are multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and will vary in size from $100,000 - $5,000,000.00.
- Work collaboratively with Business Unit Managers to develop project needs and/or business cases to support projects. Maintain working relationship with Business Unit Managers during the life of the project to ensure successful delivery of each project.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders during all phases of each project to ensure their requirements are incorporated into the project scope.
- Develop Requests For Proposals for consultant or contractor engagements for larger scale projects
- Develop scopes of work for consultants or contractor engagements for small scale projects
- Manage tendering of various contracts, consultant or contractor. Evaluate bids and ensure compliance with Procurement Policy.
- Manage performance of consultants, contractors in the delivery of project elements.
- Develop and maintain monthly cash flow for all assigned projects
- Coordinate and monitor construction activity for assigned projects, provides a single point of update for assigned projects to the Vice President.
- Coordinate and monitor construction projects and capital work and take action to ensure performance.
- Coordinate infrastructure capital projects through the procurement process, ensures project files are kept in good condition, up-to-date and readily available.
- Coordinates and follows-up on RFP/RFI's and site instructions.
- Oversee project correspondences and prepare project related emails, letters, proposals, memos, meeting minutes and other documents.
- Procure goods and services.
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment, and information between multiple departments and contractors.
- Chair project meetings and follow-up with outstanding tasks.
- Tracks overall project schedule and ensures that projects are completed on time and issue reports concerning project progress, construction review and budget summary
- Manage progress payment requisitions, budget summaries, etc.
- Prepare purchase orders for various goods and services required as part of assigned projects. Verify invoices and process payment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Technical College or University degree in Construction/Civil Engineering or Architecture with field engineering experience and/or Certificate in Project Management (PMI) or equivalent.
- Experienced at working with government and/or government business agencies on delivering projects
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple project in the past 5 -10 years, on time and on budget.
- Ability to assess risk, determine size and scale of such risk and recommend approaches or solutions to decrease risk variables.
- Ability to plan and organize the procurement and execution of capital projects assigned.
- Solid experience and understanding of project delivery principles as outlined by the Project Management Institute.
- Superior interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels in a professional, positive manner, able to building relationships and be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Highly organized, possessing a solid ability to plan and follow up.
- Possess sound judgment and the ability to effectively problem solves and/or escalates accordingly.
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to handle a variety of projects and produce work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines and adapt easily to change.
- Very proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project and Auto Cadd etc.
What you'll get in return
If interested in applying to this position submit a copy of your resume.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.