ARE YOU A PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client company is seeking a professional individual to fill a 6 month contract.
Property Accountant - 6 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Prepare financial reports for assigned properties for operational staff and Controller
- Calculate and record the tenant unbilled operating costs and property tax amounts on a monthly basis
- Perform required accounting functions, balancing of sub-ledgers to general ledger, entry of journal entries including analysis of balance sheet accounts, preparations of supporting working papers, etc.
- Prepare reporting as required; cash flow projections, reports required by auditors, clients and other analysis as required.
- Act as a resource for operational staff to provide required accounting information and expertise to Property Managers and Property Administrators, review month end unbilled adjustments and financial statements, prepare monthly variance analysis reports, and assist in the preparation and review of annual budgets and tenant year-end billings
- Ensure accounting information is properly recorded by operational staff, including security deposits, accounts receivable adjustments, coding supplier invoices, etc.
- Ensure proper setup of new buildings from a financial aspect in the accounting system
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Independent, self-starter, team player
- Ability to take initiative and deal effectively with situations
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively and professionally in stressful situations
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel)
- Yardi experience an asset
- Actively enrolled in CPA accounting program
- 3 years related property management accounting experience
$25 - $33/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21036.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.