The Village of Foremost is small, family orientated community located 110 km east of Lethbridge on the Red Coat Trail (Highway 61) and 102 km southwest of Medicine Hat. This is a small but dynamic community with a wide variety of amenities as well as a diverse number of recreational and cultural activities available.
Are you looking for your next Career Challenge?
Village of Foremost
Public Works Manager
This ‘Hands On’ position will be responsible for operation of the water treatment/distribution system and the wastewater collection/treatment system as well as the operation of the recreation facilities, cemetery and swimming pool.
· Report to and Provide Advice, Support and Assistance to the Administrator
· Operation of the Water Treatment & Distribution System (new state of the art facility set to open January 2018) and the Wastewater Collection & Treatment System
· Operation of the Recreation Facilities and Cemetery
· Coordinate and Operate all Village Equipment and Vehicles
· Supervise and Direct Contractors and Public Works Staff of two
· Maintain Public Works Shop and Oversee Equipment Maintenance and Purchasing
· Complete and Oversee all Road Infrastructure
· Respond to Public Inquires and Complaints Regarding Public Works Issues
· Follow and Implement the Health and Safety Policy
· On-Call Responsibility for Emergency Situations
· Superior Customer Service/Communication Skills with the ability to build Strong Relationships with both the Public and Staff
· Ability to stay Current with Engineering Practice and Technology specific to Road Building and Maintenance
· Combination of Motivation and Practical/Hands On Experience
· Any relevant Certification/Education Considered an Asset (ie: Safety certificate, water ticket, engineering certificate, trade ticket)
· Competency with Microsoft Office and Excel considered an Asset
· 3 – 5 years’ of Professional, Technical and Management excellence in the field of Road Construction and/or Maintenance (private or public sector) with Water and Sewer knowledge
· Must Reside within the Village of Foremost
· Exciting Opportunity to work in a team-based, supportive environment
· Fulfilling and Challenging position
· Medical / Dental benefits & Pension
· Positive working environment
· Competitive compensation
· Family-orientated, Safe Community with a Low Cost of Living
Visit foremostalberta.com to check out our community and our lifestyle.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only e-mail or on-line applications accepted.