Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Digital Commerce department has an immediate opening for the position of QA Analyst , reporting to the Director of Technology, Digital Commerce.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for all aspects of the QA workflow for current and future Cineplex Store applications (store.cineplex.com), including the development of Test Plans, Test Cases, and automated test scripts
- Perform manual Functional Testing of current and future Cineplex Store applications across a wide range of connected devices (Smart TVs, Game Consoles, Mobile / Tablets and Web Clients)
- Assist with project planning and implementation by reviewing project requirements and providing estimates and recommendations for the QA workflow
- Participate in the creation of training material for Guest Services and Call Centre, and conduct one-on-one and group training sessions with internal team members as new applications and features are developed and released
- Ensure the quality of Cineplex Store products through day-to-day engagement with internal Cineplex departments (including Guest Services and IT) and external vendors
- Work with many cross functional teams and ensure project tasks are being completed
- Own the overall quality of Cineplex Store applications and services across all devices and platforms
- Other duties and tasks as requested
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4+ years of Software Testing / Quality Assurance in a web-based environment
- 2+ years QA experience with connected devices (Smart TVs, Game Consoles, Mobile Phones, Tablets)
- Experience with eCommerce environments, particularly product catalog, order workflow, account management, digital wallet, and payment implementations
- Experience with large scale consumer facing applications
- Experience with video streaming implementations, knowledge of DRM technologies a significant asset
- Experience with troubleshooting production issues on live applications
- Highly proficient with bug tracking / ticketing systems, such as Team Foundation Server or Jira
- Proficient with automated testing tools, such as Selenium
- Proficient with test management tools, such as Microsoft Test Manager or HP Quality Manager
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly for web-based applications
- Strong understanding of web-based software architectures and technologies
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Working knowledge of media technologies and industry trends
- Experience with the digital delivery of content to multiple screens
- Experience with accessibility testing and/or web analytics tag testing would be an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please