QA – Jira and Oracle PL/SQL
Job Title: QA Analyst – Jira and Oracle PL/SQL
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Job Category: 2 month contract
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 8+ years as a QA, Jira, Oracle PL/SQL, jQuery, XML, ERP, Agile
Seeking a skilled QA Analyst responsible for developing and executing test plans according to corporate standards, verifying that software requirements are met, prioritizing and testing software defects, producing quality assurance metrics to assess product stability and suitability for release, analyze user requirements to determine necessary test cases, and work closely with developers.
- Work closely with the applications and development teams to understand product requirements, architecture and technology, verify that product specifications and defect reports are clear and detailed.
- Ensure that applications/solutions are made according to spec and adhere to the original requirements as outlined by the clients.
- Interact with Application Analysts to understand QA requirements for the projects.
- Support the development team and their efforts of application integration and custom development in ensuring the solutions meet quality standards.
- Conduct tests on staging server and verify releases on production server.
- Be involved in the Business Requirements process to understand test case scenarios and lead the development of test planning.
- Create and execute test plans and test cases and perform significant manual testing.
- Resolve quality issues by communicating with the development team using bug-tracking techniques.
- Ensure the setup and execution of UAT with stakeholders and relay the results and recommendations to the rest of the team.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
- Oracle PL/SQL
- 8+ years end-to-end software development QA experience.
- Experience identifying bugs in enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of software QA testing tools/suites.
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
-Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills essential.
- Excellent communications skills (listening, speaking, and presentation skills).
- Ability to collaborate, brainstorm and be creative.