4GL Solutions is a small but established and rapidly growing software company specializing in the development and distribution of ERP software for Steel Service Centers throughout North America and internationally. The rapid growth of this company has lead to a number of key positions opening up. We are seeking bright self-motivated individuals to fill these positions and become part of our team of experts.
We are focused on hiring an individual who has a deep understanding of Quality theory and its application for the vertical market software industry. Working closely with Leadership & Project Management, this person will help redefine our vision of Quality. The successful candidate will spearhead the execution of this vision by developing comprehensive quality test plans, test scripts and quality reports for our growing core product. The successful QA Lead will support the team’s adoption of our vision of Quality by building interdependencies between Support and Development. The role is client facing; your ability to respond to demanding clients and changing needs and respond with excellence will be key. The successful candidate will be responsible for one additional tester, with plans for growth. The role is anticipated to require 75% testing.
Those who are hired will be rewarded with a competitive salary, business growth opportunities and an employer who will invest heavily in both the knowledge-base and personal growth of team members.
- Develop deep expertise in our ERP application - Steel Manager III.
- Learn our client’s business of steel distribution to anticipate quality needs.
- Support the organizations development of a culture of quality.
- Develop & execute test plans, test scripts and quality reports within a continuous improvement framework.
- Co-ordinate test activities with additional testers as part of an integrated project plan ensuring timely delivery of high-quality systems.
- Co-ordinate test results with the development team to ensure timely and prioritized resolution of issues.
- Coordinate test activities with the Support team to ensure test coverage is adaptive to changing client needs.
- Reporting test results that enable analysis of trends & recommend corrective actions.
Education and Experience
- Expertise in Software Quality Assurance w/ relevant certification(s)
- Expertise in Software testing
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Knowledge and experience in continuous improvement principles
- Knowledge and experience in Issue ticketing, triage & tracking
- Knowledge and experience in customer service practices
- Knowledge of ERP applications a plus
- Steel/Metals Industry knowledge is a plus
- Accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Passionate about Quality
- Thrives on openness and transparency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to speak French is a plus
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work in an extremely fast paced environment that will challenge you, with the backing of a team that cares about your growth.