Customers revel in the innovation genius every time they use one of this company’s massive pieces of mobile industrial equipment. The manufacturing facility marries the joy of design with the satisfaction of seeing the finished product drive out the door – not everyone out there can brag about that! With a track record of reliability and safety, there’s been room for innovation in recent times with some regulatory changes requiring updates to the product line. Change is afoot…. And that’s creating room for more brilliant minds like you on our team.
What You'll Do
In Langley, BC, as the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will provide expertise in establishing and maintaining quality systems. Working closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Production Floor Personnel, and Design Engineers, you will identify process and product quality issues and implement corrective actions. Some key parts of your day will be:
- Support Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Production with new product development and new product release
- Establish a Quality-First vibe within the organization (alongside Safety-First)
- Investigate the root causes of Non-Conformances, co-ordinate the inspection plans with internal departments and implementation of error proofing methods and corrective & preventive actions
- Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Investigate customer complaints/requests and warranty issues and manage the resolution
You are capable of navigating CAD drawings, with an eye for detail in comparing them to their finished parts. Your talents in overseeing factory quality control, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), inspection methodology and tools will secure your place as a key contributor in this fine organization. In addition, your background includes:
- Bachelor's degree/Diploma in Engineering (mechanical, industrial, manufacturing, etc).
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, ISO standards, TQM and Lean manufacturing processes would be a bonus
- Understanding of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Control Plans, Statistical Process Control as well as other quality processes, methods and analytical tools – also nice-to-have
- Experience in Automotive, Aerospace, Manufacturing or related industries is ideal
Minor (but important) detail – this company is located in an industrial area that is not well-served by public transport. You will be happiest in this job if you have a vehicle to get you here every day.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Judi Wannamaker, TEEMA Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.