We have an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Manager to lead our Quality Department.
The ideal candidate possesses an undergraduate degree in engineering and has completed, or is working towards, a Professional Engineering license. A minimum of 5 years relevant quality experience from a similar or production / manufacturing environment is necessary to complement your academic background. The ideal candidate is self motivated and self directed, and has a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
This position will identify deficiencies and opportunities for quality and operational improvement and develop and implement appropriate measures. Initiatives include leading, implementing and supporting continuous improvement to the quality systems, procedures, documentation, process controls and promoting quality achievements and performance improvement throughout the organization. The successful candidate will require the ability to multitask prioritize, organize and maintain accurate quality records and documents.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality System of SAE Power Company.
- Defining and preparation of the Quality System Manual and Quality Procedures in conjunction with operating staff for review and approval by the Quality System Champions.
- Approval and distribution of AS9100 controlled documents.
- Ensure all personnel comprehend and follow the authorized procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Preparation, conducting and leading the internal quality audits process.
- Determine and provide access to training and/or resources required to ensure Quality staff can attain the level of quality required by the Quality Policy.
- Coordinating corrective action of non-conformances – Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process and quality system.
- Liaison concerning the Quality System and maintenance of the AS9100 registration.
- Preparing the reports and documentation of key measurables, and organizing and facilitating Senior Management Review meetings.
- Ensure the quality of incoming / outgoing material.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Coordinate problem investigation and completion of corrective action requirements.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements.
- Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters and monitoring performance through relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Post Secondary Education in a related discipline
- 5 years experience in a Quality role in ElectronicManufacturing environment
- Experience of AS9100 QMS standard is preferred (while ISO9001 is required)
- Experience of IPC-A-610 / -620 and J-STD-001 workmanship standard is preferred
- Internal auditor certification is preferred
- Knowledge of SPC techniques in manufacturing
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)