There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Nurses who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you’ll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- At least 1 year recent experience on an Inpatient Psychiatry Unit
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ of current experience in inpatient surgery, recovery room, day surgery or ICU, required.
What else do you bring?
- Knowledge of Psychiatric Diagnoses and their associated symptoms and presentation and Psychiatric Medications.
- Good crisis intervention skills.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Certification in CPMHN (c) is an asset.
- Basic level knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and/or Dialectical Behavioural Therapy is an asset.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- At least 1 year of recent nursing experience (within the past 3 years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.