Position: Registered Nurse
Department:Surgical Program - Pre-Admission Clinic
Status: Temporary Part-time for approximately 6 months(must provide availability up to 0.6FTE)
Hours: Monday toFriday, Days;7:00am-3:00pm, 8:00am-4:00pm, 9:00am-5:00pm, 9:30am-5:30pm (subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
Providing care to patients in the Pre-Admission Clinic by ensuring that they are prepared for surgery.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS Certification required at time of hire.
- Recent Pre-Admission Clinic nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, experience and ability to provide care for patients with a variety of needs including; k nowledge of medications to effectively guide patients through the surgical process
- Recent surgical nursing experience required.
- Experience with phlebotomy and in obtaining ECGs is required.
- Recent experience with Meditech including PCS, and Iatrics preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible, good team player with positive attitude.
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment with good time management skills.
- Caring attitude with patients, families and co-workers.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required.
Salary: $33.23 to $47.57 per hour
Date Posted: June 9, 2020
Internal Applications Due By: June 16, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.