Stewart Title Guaranty Company is a leader in the Canadian title insurance industry and is headquartered in Toronto with offices located from coast-to-coast. Best known for its innovative technology systems that enhance the real estate closing process, Stewart Title helps lawyers increase efficiency and decrease costs by offering value-added title insurance products for residential and commercial properties.
At Stewart Title, our motto is magnificent service by inspired professionals. We offer a challenging and team-oriented environment, as well as a competitive salary and complete benefit package.
We are currently recruiting for a Verification Clerk to join our Western Underwriting Team in our Toronto office. This is a contract position and hours of work are 11:30am-8:00pm. This position plays an integral role in our company’s dedication to Customer Service excellence.
- Conducting initial investigation of files flagged for underwriting review due to fraud flags, including obtaining additional information and analyzing information supplied to determine what other information may be appropriate, or whether information supplied appears reasonable
- Assessing risk of flagged real estate transactions using established parameters
- Contacting potential Insureds to verify identity using a variety of fraud prevention I.D. check software
- Cross referencing address/phone number information with public databases
- Fielding client calls and responding to inquiries and questions
- Liaising with our Claims and Compliance Departments on title/survey problems, policy questions and customer concerns
- Conducting random reviews of insured transactions prior to closing for fraud indicators and to identify where further training may be required within the department
- Making suggestions where appropriate for continuous improvement to fraud flag processing
- Keeping statistics of the number of files flagged for fraud and the reasons they were flagged
- Staying current on fraud trends
- Providing high quality service to clients
- Other duties as required or assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Law Clerk Diploma or relevant experience in real estate
- Knowledge of real estate transactions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work well in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of title insurance is an asset
To pursue this opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume to the HR Department via email (INTLresumes@stewart.comHelp) or alternatively via fax 416-981-7214. Please make sure you include the position you are applying for and salary expectations in the cover letter.
Stewart Title is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please let us know. We can be reached by:
- Email (INTLresumes@stewart.comHelp)
- Telephone: 416-307-3300 (please ask to speak to a Human Resources representative)
- Mail: 200 Bay Street, Suite #2600, Toronto, ON M5J 2J2
- Fax: 416-981-7214
Thank you to all applicants for your interest. Please note, only those that are under consideration will be contacted.
All applications will be kept on file for one year from the date of receipt, but there is no guarantee that you will receive an offer of employment with Stewart Title. Please indicate in your cover letter if you do not wish to have us retain your application for this duration.