This is an 18-month maternity coverage position.
Under the general direction of the Executive Assistant and Director of HR, the Receptionist is responsible for administering the day-to-day office service requirements and operations of the head corporate office to ensure a functional, pleasant and safe work environment through responsive, efficient and cost-effective office service programs and services to employees.
- Provide reception duties, creating a positive, warm and welcoming atmosphere for all employees, visitors, and stakeholders
- Provide reception tasks including handling all incoming inquiries, mail, and courier packages and ensuring they are delivered to the correct staff person or department; Coordinate outbound courier as needed
- Respond to all general inquiries via phone or email
- Manage general office storage, ensuring an organized system for all staff to access
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies ensuring office service supplies are adequately maintained within the office
- Point of contact for coffee service, copier maintenance, shredding, etc.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for shared meeting spaces and for other meetings as necessary
- Order all business cards for both in-house employees as well as field staff (both Premise Services and Construction Services) in BC
- Distribute and maintain the record of parking passes for Surrey office and warehouse and access passes for National head office
- Enter staff time cards and submit tie out reports for approval and processing
- Ensure office environment, including boardrooms, are maintained to a professional and cleanliness standard
- Submit requests for maintenance to property management company
- Provide professional administrative support with travel management and related activities where necessary
- Work with the Executive Assistant to support and assist with event management for Executive meetings including venue selection, technology requirements, catering and refreshment arrangement as required
- Ensure and perform accurate coding of invoices, and variance reporting for the Office Services department
- Maintain a high level of company confidentiality and customer satisfaction; Assist Social Committee with coordination of vendors and staff to organize corporate social functions such as community engagement activities, corporate events, meetings and related events
- Assist with all other related administrative duties as directed
- Enhance Organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
Personal Qualities :
- Flexible – open to change & new information and rapidly adapts to changing conditions or unexpected obstacle
- Detail oriented – excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Independent - ability to work well under limited supervision
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - capable of complex reasoning analysis
- Results focused – driven to achieve Interpersonal skills – friendly, attentive and helpful manner, set positive workplace tone, able to collaborate on projects maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of the business
- Adaptability - capable of working in a fast-paced environment, adapt to various situations, and prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Team Player skills - Possess a strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- 3+ years’ experience in the coordination of office services
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Normal office environment.General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Occasional weekend or longer hours.
AFL is a leading edge telecommunications service provider that designs, builds and maintains fibre optic networks, globally. Be part of our team today and learn what it means to be part of our global family!
AFL is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, one where you have the tools and support to achieve your full potential. We welcome applications from all designated equity groups regardless of race, gender, disability or any other legally protected status. At AFL, we live by our core values: customers first, innovation, community engagement, integrity, collaboration and accountability, and environment, health and safety. These values drive our actions each and every day.
We value your interest in this position, however, due to large volumes of applicants, only those selected for further review will be contacted.