Our client located in Richmond Hill operates a family owned technology company. We are looking to hire a Receptionist/Administrative Support Assistant. If you have 4+ years of experience working in a smaller company, have an energized and engaging personality, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the General Manager/HR leader, you will be responsible for answering incoming calls, forwarding to the appropriate team member and greeting visitors. This is a low volume part of the role. This position is a combination of administration and clerical accounting assistance. If you like variety as the Administrative Support Assistant, you will execute emails to customers, suppliers, and vendors when required. You will also be responsible for kitchen care; ensuring that the dishwasher is loaded and unloaded, counters wiped and blue box is ready for pick-up. Everyone helps in this company to provide a great environment.
- Clerical entry of accounts payable: entering transactions, updating and reconciling accounts payable weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually (low volume).
- The accounts receivable/collection clerical process of outstanding accounts is not complicated but requires accuracy; you will produce weekly overdue customer account lists for days outstanding over 45 days; execute reminder notices for customers of software license renewals; monitor and alert GM of over-due accounts and submit reports weekly; as directed by the GM, reconcile accounts receivable for review.
- Monitor expiry notifications of software license agreements and advise GM; update customer information as renewals are received; enter customer information updates as required to master customer list; produce weekly customer update reports for the executive team;
- Payroll clerical process: enter all basic information into software bi-monthly; annually reconcile the EHT report; annually review year-end balancing report; annually calculate LTD/STD, critical care insurance, and life insurance employee premiums. (this is clerical – GM does payroll).
- Monthly: write cheques for GM to sign for reoccurring bills including rent, insurance, kitchen supplies; enter business expenses into an excel spreadsheet and process for GM review;
- Track sick and vacation days; track employee medical benefit spending;
- Burn, label and mail monthly software updates to customers;
- Create hard copy new customer files; file paper documentation.
- Scan, archive and shred confidential documentation.
- Review and update accounts payable paper files.
- Industry association: renewal notices, invoices, and receipts; name badges and tent cards as required; maintain industry membership database; provide membership and collection reports to Treasurer, Executive Director and Chair as required.
If you have some or all of this experience, have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, are accurate and work with a sense of urgency, this is a great opportunity. Top Word and Excel skills, strong spelling and grammar skills, a warm and engaging personality are all keys to being the right fit for this position.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.comHelp. Wendy Shully & Associates Inc. would like to thank all interested candidates for reaching out. Due to volume, only those selected on the client shortlist will be contacted.