Sunrise Montessori School in Markham, Ontario requires a Registered Early Child Educator with a minimum of 1 year experience. Wages offered at $18/hr, working hours of 40 hours/week.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Plan and implement program that reflects the ELECT program
• Co-ordinate the programming of the Classroom Program with the Early Learning and Childcare curriculum
• Delivering customer service excellence at all times.
• Organize and implement activities for the children as outlined in the weekly program plans; including components required by the Childcare and Montessori curriculum.
• Maintaining a positive and professional relationship with all parents, children and colleagues.
• Assisting with the physical condition of the child care facility; classroom set-up and arrangement.
• Communicating to families in English through writing and verbal communication.
• Assist in Record keeping including daily class attendance in compliance with the Ministry of Education
• Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
• Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
• Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
• Plan and organize activities for children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
• May supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
Please send your resume to 180 Amber Street, Markham, ON L3R 3J8 or email to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp