Job Posting - Registered Pharmacy Technician
Medical Pharmacies is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Registered Pharmacy Technician - Intake
Location: Ottawa, ON
Reports to: Manager, Home Infusion
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP)
- Screen and triage medical referral and ensure completeness of information
- Assist the Staff Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging and distribution of patient prescriptions
- Maintain patient and drug information files
- Gather all necessary information before dispensing the medication
- Determine the method of infusion and order supplies needed to administer the medication
- Maintain Infusion Pumps
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Completethe final check of prepared prescriptions
- Respond to telephone inquiries from care coordinators, nursing agencies and clinicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Accreditation as a Registered Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Experience as a Registered Technician is an asset
- Experience with Kroll an asset
- Candidates must demonstrate organizational skills, attention to details, sound judgement, computer literacy, time management skills, multi-task and initiative.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #56-2463 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.