Searching for a dynamic individual to join a neurosurgical engineering innovations laboratory focusing on neural oscillations and neural network research, studied using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), magnetoencephalography (MEG) and intracranial electrode recordings. Previous experience with neuroimaging an asset; strong background in processing of digital signal critical.
Here's What You Get to Do:
- Adopt and develop both software and hardware solutions for the collection, analysis and interpretation of research data.
- Identify and Utilize appropriate data processing and analysis methods to assist with the interpretation and understanding of experimental results.
- Helps summarize and contextualize results both verbally and graphically for presentations, publications and grants.
- Facilitate the use and maintenance of software and hardware tools necessary for the acquisition and storage of research data.
- Provide basic training and support for other lab members and trainees (grad students, research assistants).
- Assist researchers in preparing scientific material for presentation in abstracts, manuscripts, talks and grant submissions. Use high-level written, verbal and graphical communication to express complex scientific concepts effectively.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of systems, equipment and network including troubleshooting, identifying and solving performance issues. Liaisons with IS and Research IT as necessary.
Here's What You Need:
- Graduate Degree in Engineering (preferred), Mathematics or Physics (or 3 years of equivalent work experience).
- Musthave proven digital signal processing experience using MATLAB (competency in MATLAB will be tested during the interview). Please describe DSP experience in application and be prepared to discuss in interview.
- Musthave proven mathematical modeling and advanced statistical analyses experience (using R or MATLAB). Please describe stats experience in application and be prepared to discuss in interview.
- Musthave significant computer programming experience, especially familiarity with MATLAB, python, bash and R.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms is an asset.
- Experience with neuroimaging techniques, such as fMRI, MRI, EEG, MEG and diffusion imaging is preferred.
- Experience with Linux and network administration is an asset.
- Experience in a research or academic health care environment preferred.
- Evidence of research productivity (authorship on journal articles, conference abstracts, etc.) is an asset. Please include list of publications on application.
- Frequently at a computer, but will also need to be back and forth between imaging suites and lab area as well as in meetings in various locations in the Hospital and University.
- Occasional travel to conferences (pending research objectives and budget).