Alberta Blue Cross is committed to mitigating the uncertainties that impact the strategic direction and ongoing operations related to maximizing the customer experience of our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Assurance Services, the Risk Officer supports the implementation and ongoing integration of risk management processes across Alberta Blue Cross. This involves collaboration with others within and outside the organization on a variety of risk management initiatives and looking to them for their insight and expertise. In addition, the Risk Officer coordinates a variety of diverse projects including the corporate Insurance and Business Continuity programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates the identification and analysis of strategic and operational corporate risks.
- Provides input and/or recommendations on risk mitigation techniques and controls.
- Through collaboration with the Director of Risk and Assurance Services, makes recommendations to business areas to enable them to take accountability for selected actions.
- Assists in the maintenance of the corporate risk profile and listing of management’s highest rated strategic risk in accordance with the corporate risk management methodology.
- Coordinates the administration of the corporate business continuity management program.
- Coordinates the administration of the corporate insurance program.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that a collaborative, shared contribution focus is preserved.
- Participates in internal and external cross-functional teams.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A minimum of five years of directly related experience in enterprise risk management (ERM).
- A related undergraduate degree.
- Completion of/intent to complete the Certificate in Risk Management and/or Insurance is desirable.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn and implement leading risk management processes.
- Experience in supporting senior and executive management teams and governance boards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which have led to productive working relationships at all levels.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven commitment to the delivery of superior service to customers in previous roles.
- Advanced analytical, organizational and decision-making capabilities.
- Familiarity with basic audit processes and procedures.
- Involvement in local, national and/or international risk management peer groups and associations is desirable.
- Knowledge of Alberta Blue Cross and its operations is an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and salary expectations to www.ab.bluecross.ca.