Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a SCADA / HMI Programmer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Richmond, BC (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with integrating, troubleshooting and programming real time Graphical User Interfaces on platforms such as Rockwell Factory Talk, Wonderware InTouch, WinCC and Ignition.
- Preparing screen mock-ups and detailed functional specifications
- Designing a robust and scalable architecture within the SCADA/HMI platform
- SCADA/HMI Programming
- Interfacing with real-time database applications (SQL Server) and PLC control systems
- Integrated testing with project teams in simulated environments in the office
- Site commissioning and installation
- Supporting project proposals and estimation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering, and production processes
- Experience with Rockwell Factory Talk SE, Wonderware Intouch or other HMI platforms is an asset
- Experience with PLC based control systems
- PLC/SCADA troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Aptitude for Programming (C, C#, VBA, SQL or other languages)
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset, but not necessarily a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Engineering, Software, Computer Science or Controls & Automation
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
- Commitment to significant travel throughout the course of the year (approximately 25%)
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).