The Safety Program Administrator is responsible for the management of national truck and trailer fleet operations and division safety. They ensure that the company’s vehicle maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and economical manner by providing leadership, and coordinating and directing service vendor and team member activities engaged in servicing and repairing company equipment and vehicles. As Safety Program Administrator you are responsible for the implementation of corporate safety policies and procedures in our inventory centers and for our drivers and dispatch teams. This role will provide safety and fleet efficiency leadership to ensure Division and local Branch compliance to improve our safety and fleet performance and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations including CCMTA and OHS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and updates truck and trailer fleet policy and procedures encompassing replacement, maintenance, repairs, parts, fabrication and other processes.
- Partners with executives and leaders companywide regarding fleet operations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations covering the inspection, vehicle licensing and registration, insuring and safe operation of motor vehicles and equipment.
- Stays abreast of changes in CCMTA laws and compliance requirements.
- Plans, directs and monitors preventative maintenance and repair programs for all company vehicles to insure they are in peak operating condition and to minimize downtime.
- Assists Logistics HQ with fleet planning: purchase of fleet/dispositions of under- performing fleet/strategic placement of new and existing assets.
- Directs compliance with or assists in the establishment of programs, policies and procedures for a network of service vendors to maintain and improve the condition of our fleet.
- Improve driver safety while reducing costs.
- Oversees and develops relationships with key suppliers to our fleet operations.
- Take advantage of Telogis information to monitor aspects of driver behavior.
- Closely interact with Corporate management and Logistics Management to identify best practices and continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process hazards an improve safety performance.
- Facilitates an environment within the Division that supports a safe and healthy work culture.
- Establish and improve safety orientation materials and training for new employees as well as ongoing safety training.
- Prepares and provides training material, in conjunction with Corporate on relevant work process, OHS Compliance, and CCMTA training topics.
- Ensures branch compliance with scheduled safety training and proper record-keeping.
- Conducts periodic safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities.
- Assist management and Safety Committee to conduct, review and submit in-depth accident/injury investigations which provide feedback to ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Other team tasks to help not limited to Canada, but for the U.S as needed.
Experience/ Training/ Education:
The ideal candidate will have
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent supervision and management service of fleet and safety operations
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products, such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledgeable in applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations (OHS, CCMTA)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving background
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class A is preferred
Knowledge/ Skills/ Ability:
The Safety Program Administrator must have the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints; perform his/her job responsibilities as the workload fluctuates; multitask and keep projects progressing simultaneously; communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff, management and business partners; Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization; excellent interpersonal skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential information; ability to verify, draft, and update database quickly and accurately; knowledge in Microsoft application (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), internet browser & Outlook (E-mail).
The Safety Program Administrator usually works a standard 40-hour week in clean offices; however, some work shifts or overtime may occur during busy periods. They sit for long periods and sometimes must content to noise levels caused by various office machines. These workers are susceptible to repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back injuries, and eyestrain. To help prevent these conditions, many offices have adopted regularly scheduled exercise breaks, and work stations that allow workers to stand or sit as they wish. Safety Program Administrator may require traveling to different branch locations throughout North America.
Must be authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
Please note those individuals submitting resumes online are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application is completed, usually at the time of interview. Applications must be completed in our office and are accepted for current openings only.