Safety Specialist - Life Extension.
- Developing safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, codes and standards.
- Identifying and recognizing actual and potential hazards through field inspections.
- Assessing environments, tasks and other elements to ensure that physiological and psychological capabilities, capacities and limits of humans are not exceeded.
- Consult with and advise Line Organizations engaged in planning, design, development and installation or implementation of systems or programs involving hazard controls. Assist in the development of work plans by the line organization to minimize hazards.
- Providing advice, guidance and interpretation in a function capacity to staff regarding safety, health and environmental laws, codes, regulations and standards and ensure compliance.
- Reviewing, compiling, analyzing and interpreting data from accident and loss event reports and other sources regarding injuries, illnesses, property damage, environmental effects or public impacts.
- Developing methods for anticipating and predicting hazards from experience (OPEX), historical data and other information sources.
- Formulating and prescribing engineering or administrative controls.
- Directing or assisting in planning and developing educational and training materials or courses. Conducting or assisting with courses related to designs, policies, procedures and programs involving hazard recognition and control.
- Advising others about hazards, hazard controls, relative risk and related safety matters when they are communicating internally with managers and employees and externally when dealing with the Ministry of Labour, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board.
- Managing and implementing hazard controls and hazard control programs which are within the duties of the safety position.
- Directing, developing, or helping to develop management accountability and audit programs which assess safety performance of entire systems, organizations, processes and operations or their components and involve both deterrents and incentives.
- Preparing reports which communicate valid and comprehensive hazard controls which are based on analysis and interpretation of accident exposure, loss event and other data.
- Providing results of evaluation assessments, including recommended adjustments and changes to hazard controls or hazard control programs, to individuals or organizations responsible for their management and implementation.
- Establishing and implementing techniques, which involve risk analysis, cost, cost-benefit analysis, work sampling, loss rate and similar methodologies, for periodic and systematic evaluation of hazard control and hazard control program effectiveness.
- Developing methods to evaluate the costs and effectiveness of hazard controls and programs and measure the contribution of components of systems, organizations, processes and operations toward the overall effectiveness.
- Develop methods and establish techniques for field sampling and testing instruments.
- Developing methods which integrate safety performance into internal goals, operations and productivity.
- Recommend research and development studies of existing or potential safety and health problems and issues.
- On a periodic basis, provide direction to others by assigning and checking work and as required give instructions and direction.
- Perform other duties as required.
Call for Beta users: TeamCronos has launched a new suite of tools on our site to help job seekers improve their search at www.teamcronos.com.  ; When you signup with a profile, a key tool is Tracklet, which helps job seekers to auto-fill applications and track the jobs applied for. You may sign up for free and become a Founding User of these powerful tools at Teamcronos.com.