On behalf of our Vancouver based client, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for a Scrum Master for a 6+ month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will work on a large transformation initiative with the main focus being to improve the company's current Agile processes to be as efficient and successful as possible. The successful candidate is a team player and exceptional communicator who can speak to different levels of the organization with great ease.
· Guides the team and organization on how to use scrum & agile practices and methodologies
· Oversees scrum process, coaches the team; facilitates transparent and adaptive team culture
· Leads daily scrum, sprint review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
· Supports product owner on release planning
· Removes all impediments to the team’s success, such as cultural barriers or logistic challenges, supporting the Product Owner, and ensuring that the team’s progress, and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders
· Hands on involvement in product backlog management
· Fosters close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training, and supporting each other
· Facilitates communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
· Shields the team from external interference and ensures the team is fully functional and productive
· Generates agile mindset in team through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
· Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
· Understands context of technology sufficiently to problem-solve with development team, ask the right questions, and own product quality and continuous delivery to customer
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership or project team role preferred
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
· Certified Scrum Master preferred (or equivalent certification such as CSPO, CSD, CSP, or PMI-ACP, SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), CSAP, CLP)
· Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
· Confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
· Past experience as a developer is highly desired
· Experience in agile development, with specific Scrum Master or similar experience preferred
· Ability to coach team on agile practices and ensures adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time
· Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
· Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e. a strong mediator
· Experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and coordinating resources and handling multiple priorities required
· Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
· Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
· Ability to demonstrate the understanding of business vision and engages beyond process e.g. in solution design, customer feedback, testing etc.
· Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.